Saturday, December 19, 2009

How long should I wait to bathe my kittens with fresh 'n' clean shampoo?

They are 2 and 3/4 of a month old.How long should I wait to bathe my kittens with fresh 'n' clean shampoo?
You should never ever bath your kittens or any cat with shampoo of any sort unless the cat is too dirty to clean himself.You don't bath cats, they clean themselves, their tongues are made especially for the job, so please don't ruin their fur like some people do, by unnecessary bathing !How long should I wait to bathe my kittens with fresh 'n' clean shampoo?
I don't know if the shampoo you are talking about is formulated for cats, but if it's not, don't use it.





Having said that, cats groom themselves, and they have a natural deodorant in their saliva that keeps them odor-free. If your cat smells bad and isn't obviously dirty, take him to a vet. Unless the cat gets into something, he should never need a bath. Brushing everyday (even for short-hairs) on the other hand, is a good idea, and it's good to get them used to it as a kitten.





If you really want to bathe your cat, you can, but if you get it wet, don't allow it to be very long. Kittens get chilled easily. Or you could try a dry shampoo.
Forever! Cats bathe themselves. Bathing them with anything can cause dry skin problems because it strips the oils from their coat. The only reason to bathe a cat would be because of a flea infestation or such. Then you would take her to a vet to take care of it so that she can be treated with the correct stuff.
We had 3 cats one after another and bathed only the first one. It was stress for him, he shouted loudly and was unhappy. Now I know that they don't need to be bathed, especially if always indoors. They don't like it; and they wash perfectly themselves.
I waited till my kittens were 8 weeks to bathe them. If you give them baths while they are that young, they should get used to it. Mine loves baths!! It can happen, I know some of you think I'm nuts for even trying, but it is possible! I would even use baby shampoo.
with my kitten i waited until she was a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment